Here are some notes about Forza 6:
- The intro movie is annoyingly unskippable.
- The initial race has all assists set to max, which makes it very boring, and is also unskippable.
- When the initial race is complete and the rest of the game hasn’t yet been installed, a message, “Installing content. You are free to continue playing while the installation completes.” is shown, but there is nothing you can do at that point but wait.
- The annoying female voiceover remains, and is not able to be muted.
- Why is there so much voiceover instruction? This game isn’t so complicated. And the voicover instructions aren’t skippable, nor do they have subtitles.
- The (A) Select and (B) Back overlay in the lower right of the screen is often hard to notice or read, and is shown in response to a modal question, which is only a voiceover.
- Voiceovers happen after pretty much every single button press in the first few minutes of the game, and aren’t skippable.
- Changing driver difficulty plays the little video of your car driving up to the pits again, for some reason.
- You still can’t mute the UI sounds like you could in Forza 4.
- Free look when selecting paint for a new car works similarly to Forzavista.
- You are repeatedly forced to start consecutive races without being able to exit to the main menu.
- You can buy mods just before starting a race, at least in career mode.
Compared to Forza 5
- You can no longer change the view while rewinding.
- You can skip the “This is your..” voiceover when you buy a new car.
- The same kinds of hits that used to shatter window glass no longer do.
- You can once again tune your car just before starting a race.
- Many cars in the game have what appears to be flat/matte paint
- Pressing “A” while rewinding no longer plays a sound.
- At the start of a race, the view changes to that of cockpit, then to the view you actually have set.
- Colliding with the rear of the car in front of you rarely, if ever, produces a sound.
- Your place (upper left) re-renders itself with a sliding animation at random, even when place doesn’t change.
This list will be updated as I continue playing.